How Ballet Can Help Your Child Build Athletic Skills
If you are a parent, you may be wondering how to get your child off the iPad and onto the sports field, but not every child is designed for soccer or football. Did you know that you can help your child develop their athletic skills in other ways, such as ballet dance classes? Ballet lessons can help your child develop valuable character traits and physical abilities that will help them grow into strong, confident, capable adults. If you’re looking for the right ballet dance studio to get your child started on an incredible athletic journey, here are the skills they can develop with us.
Athlete Skills Developed by Ballet Dance
- Flexibility: Ballet helps kids develop a full range of motion in their joints and muscles. Maximum extension and proper alignment can help prevent injuries and make your young dancer look like a professional.
- Confidence: Learning and developing the skills required to be a good ballet dancer does more than help them physically. Ballet classes can help your child feel more confident about who they are, how their body moves, and encourage them to try new things.
- Strength: Your child will learn how to generate forceful muscle contractions to jump, spin, maintain good posture and pointe, and more.
- Concentration: It takes concentration to repeat the same movements or learn a difficult routine. Ballet choreography helps kids mirror and memorize movements, focus, and strengthen their concentration skills.
- Teamwork: Some sports require private training, but ballet classes encourage teamwork and working with others. Learning how to cooperate and work with other kids of different skill levels and personalities will help your child succeed in all other areas of life.
- Coordination: Efficient movement in dance is required for sequencing and timing muscle contractions while dancing.
- Dedication: Many kids want to give up when they fail or make a mistake. Ballet dance encourages kids to get back up and try again, never giving up. Learning how to be dedicated is a practical skill that may help your child with their academics, and help them pursue their goals until they achieve them.
How Performing Dance Arts Can Help You Raise Your Athlete Child
Ballet is more than delicate movements and ease, it requires strength, focus, power, coordination, confidence, flexibility, and much more. When your child is young, they have the best chances of developing valuable skills that will remain with them for the rest of their lives. If you want to invest in their health and athletic progress, our ballet dances are a great place to be.
At Performing Dance Arts, we provide our students with quality teachers who have worked and trained in the dance industry for years. They can educate your child on choreography and theory, while respecting their individual creativity as a young dancer. Our classes are fun for beginners and our comfortable environment will help nervous students grow in confidence. If you’re considering ballet dance classes for your child, contact us and we will help you find the right teacher and classroom.
There are many reasons why we are the top choice of dance schools in Toronto, Vaughan, Etobicoke, and other areas o… https://t.co/p3rr35BQltFollow
Acro dance classes offer a wide array of benefits, including increasing strength, flexibility, and coordination. He… https://t.co/j4g8mv7zHCFollow
Your child can learn to “bust a move” by taking hip hop dance at PDA. Our skilled instructors will teach your child… https://t.co/w3YLW4ykM0Follow
Acro dance teaches kids how to develop the complete physical strength of gymnastics and the creative and fun techni… https://t.co/yGvD1E9DrpFollow
Ballet is a graceful and powerful dance, great for boys and girls to learn! Your child will improve their posture a… https://t.co/IGgY3WhVf3Follow
For dancers young and old, it’s normal and natural to get nervous before a performance. Here are some helpful tips… https://t.co/HcbtpJEWFQFollow
Our two incredible studios are the perfect place for your kids to learn how to dance! We serve the Vaughan and Nort… https://t.co/DhXHLzF2WmFollow
When thinking about registering your child for lessons, there are expenses other than the cost of the classes that… https://t.co/rS7ebYxMW1Follow
Need to keep up with our busy class schedule? Want to know what upcoming events we have at our dance academy? Click… https://t.co/gjyZNYANFTFollow
Music can stimulate your child’s brain in different ways and dance can you’re your child develop fine motor skills.… https://t.co/Q7LgK1U8MbFollow
Have you ever wondered about the founders of Performing Dance Arts? Click here to meet the family that established… https://t.co/srjjrpUiwwFollow
Toddler tap dancing is a lot of fun and there are many benefits to the art. To view our dance videos and learn more… https://t.co/bq6x2YeiJVFollow
Dance classes teach important skills that can help kids learn, grow, and become more confident, successful people.… https://t.co/Bk5Kwk6yVjFollow