How Ballet Can Help Your Child Build Athletic Skills
If you are a parent, you may be wondering how to get your child off the iPad and onto the sports field, but not every child is designed for soccer or football. Did you know that you can help your child develop their athletic skills in other ways, such as ballet dance classes? Ballet lessons can help your child develop valuable character traits and physical abilities that will help them grow into strong, confident, capable adults. If you’re looking for the right ballet dance studio to get your child started on an incredible athletic journey, here are the skills they can develop with us.
Athlete Skills Developed by Ballet Dance
- Flexibility: Ballet helps kids develop a full range of motion in their joints and muscles. Maximum extension and proper alignment can help prevent injuries and make your young dancer look like a professional.
- Confidence: Learning and developing the skills required to be a good ballet dancer does more than help them physically. Ballet classes can help your child feel more confident about who they are, how their body moves, and encourage them to try new things.
- Strength: Your child will learn how to generate forceful muscle contractions to jump, spin, maintain good posture and pointe, and more.
- Concentration: It takes concentration to repeat the same movements or learn a difficult routine. Ballet choreography helps kids mirror and memorize movements, focus, and strengthen their concentration skills.
- Teamwork: Some sports require private training, but ballet classes encourage teamwork and working with others. Learning how to cooperate and work with other kids of different skill levels and personalities will help your child succeed in all other areas of life.
- Coordination: Efficient movement in dance is required for sequencing and timing muscle contractions while dancing.
- Dedication: Many kids want to give up when they fail or make a mistake. Ballet dance encourages kids to get back up and try again, never giving up. Learning how to be dedicated is a practical skill that may help your child with their academics, and help them pursue their goals until they achieve them.
How Performing Dance Arts Can Help You Raise Your Athlete Child
Ballet is more than delicate movements and ease, it requires strength, focus, power, coordination, confidence, flexibility, and much more. When your child is young, they have the best chances of developing valuable skills that will remain with them for the rest of their lives. If you want to invest in their health and athletic progress, our ballet dances are a great place to be.
At Performing Dance Arts, we provide our students with quality teachers who have worked and trained in the dance industry for years. They can educate your child on choreography and theory, while respecting their individual creativity as a young dancer. Our classes are fun for beginners and our comfortable environment will help nervous students grow in confidence. If you’re considering ballet dance classes for your child, contact us and we will help you find the right teacher and classroom.
Hip hop dance lessons are not only fun and exciting to learn but will also help keep your child physically active.… https://t.co/nZtBYiPyXKFollow
If you are considering dance for your child, ballet is a great place to start. They will learn the fundamentals of… https://t.co/Uhzg1WbrLyFollow
To have fluid movements, build strength in elongated positions, and to be more graceful, dancers must practice flex… https://t.co/WtQXTvfqrbFollow
When you register at Performing Dance Arts you will receive a FREE Swag Bag, Pop Socket, merchandise, and 25% off a… https://t.co/FncrUdHMXgFollow
If your child is two to three years old, they may be ready for toddler hip hop dance classes. They can join our Dan… https://t.co/7EMClXRadvFollow
Does your professional dancing prodigy want a dance-themed birthday party? We’re happy to host! Call us to book you… https://t.co/rVr1qbMmc3Follow
There may be a few dance schools that you are considering for your child, but ours beats the rest. Check out our vi… https://t.co/3grsGdsPh1Follow
Could your child be the next Canadian ballet star like Karen Kain or Evelyn Hart? Here’s what you need to know abou… https://t.co/aaE7Yg41YJFollow
We offer jazz dance classes in the GTA for all levels! We also offer potential students and their parents the chanc… https://t.co/nhgUWaXsviFollow
If your child is age seven or older and has some previous dance training, consider registering them for our part-ti… https://t.co/ziO7qiuIicFollow
Ballet is an incredibly challenging dance that works every muscle in the body. Here’s why ballet dance classes in T… https://t.co/9EXS5H697YFollow
When you register your child for tap dancing classes, they will learn from internationally acclaimed instructors wi… https://t.co/BP9Hq4Xj71Follow
The best dancers in the world are often the most flexible. And flexibility comes with improving the range of motion… https://t.co/crDvlTw1ofFollow
It is important to understand why we implement a dress code in our programs. It teaches discipline, and students wi… https://t.co/ktzQeTNIP6Follow
At our ballet dance studio, your child will learn from highly skilled instructors who can help them grow and learn… https://t.co/0ZxyipnvLHFollow