Top 5 Best Dance Movies of All Time
Dance movies have the power to make us move. As a parent, you may remember when you used to (or perhaps still do!) stand in front of the television watching your favourite dance flick while trying to mimic every twirl or spin. These movies make us believe we are dancers; they make us love dancing (whether or not we have rhythm)and entertain the idea of jumping into competitive dance training. And now we sit back and peek in on our kids doing the same thing—practicing dance moves from some of today’s hit dance movies.
There are so many popular dance movies that trying to settle on a few became nearly impossible. But we thought we’d give it a shot anyway. This list represents our top five most memorable dance movies:
- Stomp the Yard: This is a modern day dance classic featuring street dancing. Apart from the actual storyline, the dance moves in Stomp the Yard are really fun to watch. These moves of course play off of the long-running off-Broadway hit “Stomp”.
- Fame:Fame is one of the most memorable dance movies of all time. The plotlineperfectly captures New York City during a rough era in the 1980s. The movie is also popular because it follows high school students as opposed to many other classic dance flicks that focuson adults. Not to mention the soundtrack for the movie is just as classic.
- Black Swan: This is a bit of a curveball—Black Swan isn’t just a dance movie, it’s been rated on IMDB as one of the best movies of this generation. Featuring ballet, the dancing is much more technical and controlled, but that doesn’t take away from the beauty of it all.
- Billy Elliot:Billy Elliot is an inspirational story that deals with the negative stereotypes surrounding male ballet dancers. The dance scenes are so celebrated that this movie has gone on to become an award-winning musical.
- Dirty Dancing: Regardless of the era, country, or genre—Dirty Dancing has to be the number one dance movie of all time. It’s provocative, inspirational, and boasts some of the most classic dance scenes ever displayed on the big screen.
Movies like Flashdance, Grease, Save the Last Dance, and Strictly Ballroom could just as easily have made our list. These movies show the wide scope of dance and how dance imitates culture through genres like hip hop, ballet, and tap.
Performing Dance Arts is happy to offer dance lessons for both casual and competitive dancers. We are proud to have some of the most experienced dance instructors in the country. Visit our website to learn more about all that we offer at Performing Dance Arts.
Register for our part-time competitive power dance camp today! Our program is an action-packed three days of classe… https://t.co/CpQpXtbMmaFollow
After months of watching your child practice their dance moves at home, it’s time to get them formal dance lessons.… https://t.co/XXjyjgHDxjFollow
Wondering when our part-time competitive team auditions are? Visit our web site for everything you need to know. Co… https://t.co/PCyqk0ZgkQFollow
Our open classes are great for dancers of any skill level that wants to improve their technique in ballet, jazz, ac… https://t.co/5V2lYlwH9nFollow
Do you enjoy dancing for fun? Recreational dance classes are fun, freeing, and focus on the joy of dance. Here’s wh… https://t.co/84cqSN67NFFollow
Come join the magical fun as we dance and sing to our favourite Disney music as well as take part in many other won… https://t.co/dAQ1qoeVW5Follow
Call Performing Dance Arts today to find out more about our exciting competitive programs for kids in Vaughan and E… https://t.co/DUBTqggyMtFollow
Our dance school is designed to help young dancers of all skill levels find their passion for dance and dedicate th… https://t.co/IP8Zg7KKuzFollow
Here’s what you need to know about the different levels of ballet classes in Toronto, so you can decide which level… https://t.co/It7OB5U83VFollow
Hip hop dance lessons are not only fun and exciting to learn but will also help keep your child physically active.… https://t.co/nZtBYiPyXKFollow
If you are considering dance for your child, ballet is a great place to start. They will learn the fundamentals of… https://t.co/Uhzg1WbrLyFollow
To have fluid movements, build strength in elongated positions, and to be more graceful, dancers must practice flex… https://t.co/WtQXTvfqrbFollow
When you register at Performing Dance Arts you will receive a FREE Swag Bag, Pop Socket, merchandise, and 25% off a… https://t.co/FncrUdHMXgFollow
If your child is two to three years old, they may be ready for toddler hip hop dance classes. They can join our Dan… https://t.co/7EMClXRadvFollow