Top 5 Best Dance Movies of All Time
Dance movies have the power to make us move. As a parent, you may remember when you used to (or perhaps still do!) stand in front of the television watching your favourite dance flick while trying to mimic every twirl or spin. These movies make us believe we are dancers; they make us love dancing (whether or not we have rhythm)and entertain the idea of jumping into competitive dance training. And now we sit back and peek in on our kids doing the same thing—practicing dance moves from some of today’s hit dance movies.
There are so many popular dance movies that trying to settle on a few became nearly impossible. But we thought we’d give it a shot anyway. This list represents our top five most memorable dance movies:
- Stomp the Yard: This is a modern day dance classic featuring street dancing. Apart from the actual storyline, the dance moves in Stomp the Yard are really fun to watch. These moves of course play off of the long-running off-Broadway hit “Stomp”.
- Fame:Fame is one of the most memorable dance movies of all time. The plotlineperfectly captures New York City during a rough era in the 1980s. The movie is also popular because it follows high school students as opposed to many other classic dance flicks that focuson adults. Not to mention the soundtrack for the movie is just as classic.
- Black Swan: This is a bit of a curveball—Black Swan isn’t just a dance movie, it’s been rated on IMDB as one of the best movies of this generation. Featuring ballet, the dancing is much more technical and controlled, but that doesn’t take away from the beauty of it all.
- Billy Elliot:Billy Elliot is an inspirational story that deals with the negative stereotypes surrounding male ballet dancers. The dance scenes are so celebrated that this movie has gone on to become an award-winning musical.
- Dirty Dancing: Regardless of the era, country, or genre—Dirty Dancing has to be the number one dance movie of all time. It’s provocative, inspirational, and boasts some of the most classic dance scenes ever displayed on the big screen.
Movies like Flashdance, Grease, Save the Last Dance, and Strictly Ballroom could just as easily have made our list. These movies show the wide scope of dance and how dance imitates culture through genres like hip hop, ballet, and tap.
Performing Dance Arts is happy to offer dance lessons for both casual and competitive dancers. We are proud to have some of the most experienced dance instructors in the country. Visit our website to learn more about all that we offer at Performing Dance Arts.
We know that your child’s dance education is very important to you and we feel that our facility houses the highest… https://t.co/xO7ZQCcaewFollow
Seeking an extra-curricular activity for your child this summer? Why not sign them up for a dance class! From acro… https://t.co/NA7pBmqIZwFollow
Choosing the right clothing for your child’s first dance class will help them have the freedom to move and feel con… https://t.co/DCMCM8GHB4Follow
Does your child have the potential to become an expert dancer? Find out by registering for our winter program, and… https://t.co/d6AXxlyW3VFollow
At our dance studio, your child will discover proper posture and discipline while learning the basics and fundament… https://t.co/69gePHVuzcFollow
Our Intensive program encourages dancers to push to new levels of personal growth. To apply for classes, visit our… https://t.co/UNpxrrpeg3Follow
Don't forget that tomorrow (Sunday, March 10th) It’s time to “spring ahead” early Sunday morning. (move your clock… https://t.co/8862Sx8MINFollow
Did you know that the Jazz genre encompasses many different styles that have changes over the years? Here are some… https://t.co/tcFbbnwbNEFollow
Our Micro-Mini Competitive Dance Program in Vaughan is a great place for your young one to train and compete at loc… https://t.co/B8WGplNa1UFollow
When it comes to dance, your child deserves the best. That’s why you should choose Performing Dance Arts. We built… https://t.co/oEGIAuvfM6Follow
Looking for the right activity to get your child off the couch? Jazz classes are a fun way to combine the love for… https://t.co/T6lbfptgQoFollow
Performing Dance Arts is the perfect place for your child to begin dance classes. For three generations, our family… https://t.co/JFTr1yTx7sFollow
Does your child love to dance? Get them involved in our part-time competitive power dance camp! For three days they… https://t.co/G2pSPDrUXyFollow
Ballet is a serious sport! It takes dedication, training, strength, and flexibility to perform the challenging step… https://t.co/NMvndeR9gFFollow