Top 5 Best Dance Movies of All Time
Dance movies have the power to make us move. As a parent, you may remember when you used to (or perhaps still do!) stand in front of the television watching your favourite dance flick while trying to mimic every twirl or spin. These movies make us believe we are dancers; they make us love dancing (whether or not we have rhythm)and entertain the idea of jumping into competitive dance training. And now we sit back and peek in on our kids doing the same thing—practicing dance moves from some of today’s hit dance movies.
There are so many popular dance movies that trying to settle on a few became nearly impossible. But we thought we’d give it a shot anyway. This list represents our top five most memorable dance movies:
- Stomp the Yard: This is a modern day dance classic featuring street dancing. Apart from the actual storyline, the dance moves in Stomp the Yard are really fun to watch. These moves of course play off of the long-running off-Broadway hit “Stomp”.
- Fame:Fame is one of the most memorable dance movies of all time. The plotlineperfectly captures New York City during a rough era in the 1980s. The movie is also popular because it follows high school students as opposed to many other classic dance flicks that focuson adults. Not to mention the soundtrack for the movie is just as classic.
- Black Swan: This is a bit of a curveball—Black Swan isn’t just a dance movie, it’s been rated on IMDB as one of the best movies of this generation. Featuring ballet, the dancing is much more technical and controlled, but that doesn’t take away from the beauty of it all.
- Billy Elliot:Billy Elliot is an inspirational story that deals with the negative stereotypes surrounding male ballet dancers. The dance scenes are so celebrated that this movie has gone on to become an award-winning musical.
- Dirty Dancing: Regardless of the era, country, or genre—Dirty Dancing has to be the number one dance movie of all time. It’s provocative, inspirational, and boasts some of the most classic dance scenes ever displayed on the big screen.
Movies like Flashdance, Grease, Save the Last Dance, and Strictly Ballroom could just as easily have made our list. These movies show the wide scope of dance and how dance imitates culture through genres like hip hop, ballet, and tap.
Performing Dance Arts is happy to offer dance lessons for both casual and competitive dancers. We are proud to have some of the most experienced dance instructors in the country. Visit our website to learn more about all that we offer at Performing Dance Arts.
Our recreational programs are high energy, led by experienced and motivating instructors. Divided by age and abilit… https://t.co/iiOzUMA17ZFollow
Whether your child is three or five, tap dancing is a great activity for them to start! Help your child develop phy… https://t.co/pitSLNNheWFollow
Attention all PDA Recreational kiddos! CRAZY hair week starting tomorrow. Let’s go kids...show us your craziest ha… https://t.co/8nqGKqy5KgFollow
All dancers dance for different reasons! With our recreational programs you won’t just learn to dance, you’ll learn… https://t.co/2aBTf5kJLaFollow
Acro dance classes help children develop strength, flexibility, coordination, and much more! Our latest blog gives… https://t.co/KIVZGiRIYXFollow
‼️SNEAK PEEK‼️ PDA is proud to present “THE PROJECT” an initiative started in 2016 so our dancers could give back t… https://t.co/a33kSHy2XmFollow
It’s getting chilly out there! Be sure to give your body a proper warm up before practicing to prevent injuries and… https://t.co/u9sNqiAT5iFollow
To all our PDA families.. Don't forget to roll back that clock an hour before you go to bed tonight!! . . .… https://t.co/r7LOjKWG6pFollow
Jazz is one of our most popular forms of dance from beginner to advanced! Check out some of our competition videos… https://t.co/RxUKd1BbawFollow
Here at PDA, our teaching team is made up of 22 teachers and teaching assistants! We’re also one of the few studios… https://t.co/ZpRmIHHSkbFollow
👻👻HAPPY HALLOWEEN👻👻 We hope you all have a SPOOKTACULAR & safe night, from all of us at PDA! Enjoy, BOO👻 The studio… https://t.co/NUnoFG0NUfFollow
Poise and confidence are just two of the benefits your child will enjoy when they learn to dance! From hip-hop to b… https://t.co/umZ7th2m1lFollow
You’re never too young to learn how to dance! We offer pre-Jazz, Ballet, Acro, and a combo class for children ages… https://t.co/yc4u27xwqcFollow
Did you know, all our teachers have their teacher’s certificate? At Performing Dance Arts, we don’t have any studen… https://t.co/uM68qCT4hZFollow
Our Micro-Mini Competitive Dance Program trains twice a week for a total of 4-5 classes. The perfect program for yo… https://t.co/ithzXpN4uLFollow
👻👻HEY KIDDOS👻👻 Halloween Dress Up Week begins tonight in Etobicoke & tomorrow in Vaughan. We can’t wait to see all… https://t.co/T2hycWFUX5Follow