Top 5 Best Dance Movies of All Time
Dance movies have the power to make us move. As a parent, you may remember when you used to (or perhaps still do!) stand in front of the television watching your favourite dance flick while trying to mimic every twirl or spin. These movies make us believe we are dancers; they make us love dancing (whether or not we have rhythm)and entertain the idea of jumping into competitive dance training. And now we sit back and peek in on our kids doing the same thing—practicing dance moves from some of today’s hit dance movies.
There are so many popular dance movies that trying to settle on a few became nearly impossible. But we thought we’d give it a shot anyway. This list represents our top five most memorable dance movies:
- Stomp the Yard: This is a modern day dance classic featuring street dancing. Apart from the actual storyline, the dance moves in Stomp the Yard are really fun to watch. These moves of course play off of the long-running off-Broadway hit “Stomp”.
- Fame:Fame is one of the most memorable dance movies of all time. The plotlineperfectly captures New York City during a rough era in the 1980s. The movie is also popular because it follows high school students as opposed to many other classic dance flicks that focuson adults. Not to mention the soundtrack for the movie is just as classic.
- Black Swan: This is a bit of a curveball—Black Swan isn’t just a dance movie, it’s been rated on IMDB as one of the best movies of this generation. Featuring ballet, the dancing is much more technical and controlled, but that doesn’t take away from the beauty of it all.
- Billy Elliot:Billy Elliot is an inspirational story that deals with the negative stereotypes surrounding male ballet dancers. The dance scenes are so celebrated that this movie has gone on to become an award-winning musical.
- Dirty Dancing: Regardless of the era, country, or genre—Dirty Dancing has to be the number one dance movie of all time. It’s provocative, inspirational, and boasts some of the most classic dance scenes ever displayed on the big screen.
Movies like Flashdance, Grease, Save the Last Dance, and Strictly Ballroom could just as easily have made our list. These movies show the wide scope of dance and how dance imitates culture through genres like hip hop, ballet, and tap.
Performing Dance Arts is happy to offer dance lessons for both casual and competitive dancers. We are proud to have some of the most experienced dance instructors in the country. Visit our website to learn more about all that we offer at Performing Dance Arts.
Curious about trying a recreational dance program to see how your child enjoys it? Our recreational dance classes i… https://t.co/vv5NlE9YyFFollow
At Performing Dance Arts, we will help your child develop higher self-esteem, better coordination, discipline, crea… https://t.co/sQbCICcc2VFollow
Want your child to improve their scores at a dance competition? Here are some things that judges look for at dance… https://t.co/X6qfE0IrInFollow
Looking for a fun activity for your preschooler? We offer Pre-Jazz, Pre-Ballet, Pre-Tap, Pre-Acro and a Pre-Combo c… https://t.co/gFvtIp6FV4Follow
Here are some important tips for you and your child to remember. With all the kids’ dance classes we’ve taught, we… https://t.co/m9WdG3MCq6Follow
Established in 1986, Performing Dance Arts has become a reliable name for high-quality dance training at both the r… https://t.co/c4i5jUCh0iFollow
Dance has several benefits for kids and can actually help improve their performance in school. Here are a few reaso… https://t.co/eiykGMoj7uFollow
The Performing Dance Arts Full-Time Competitive Program is a demanding and rigorous program offering the highest ca… https://t.co/ex2XJIGViAFollow
Tap dance lessons have physical, social, and mental advantages that can help your kids start living healthy, succes… https://t.co/IrYGfURZ5QFollow
Performing Dance Arts offers children between the ages of three and five a chance to get involved in our dance less… https://t.co/XHEEPOYaDBFollow
Does your child enjoy doing cartwheels and can’t seem to sit still? Register in our acro dance lessons and let your… https://t.co/GpXqc35GdIFollow
The best dancers in the world are often the most flexible. And flexibility comes with improving the range of motion… https://t.co/3SapNEslpGFollow
Our dress code and professional environment teach children discipline, and they will become responsible for their u… https://t.co/zDf1YBlC86Follow