Book a free dance class to see if we’re a good fit before you commit.
Hip Hop Dance Lessons in Etobicoke and Vaughan
The dance evolution of hip hop can almost be paired with the musical evolution of the genre. Hip hop branched off from the funk and disco music which was most popular during the ‘70s. The dance culture of hip hop has no set rules and no set movements that need to be followed in order for it to qualify as hip hop; this makes the dance a fun, natural stress reliever. Ironically, it can help your child improve their concentration skills even further, a trait that could benefit their education. Hip hop dance lessons are not only fun and exciting to learn but will also help keep your child physically active.
TOP RATED ONLINE
Hip Hop Dance Classes at Performing Dance Arts
As one of the most popular forms of music out right now, hip hop is fun, exciting, and can lead to some dynamic dance routines. What’s also special about hip hop is that it often spawns its own dances that spread through the culture before hitting the mainstream at full force.
Your child can learn to “bust a move” by taking hip hop dance classes in Vaughan and Etobicoke at Performing Dance Arts. Our skilled instructors will teach your children the same moves they see dancers perform in their favourite hip hop and R&B videos. Our hip hop dance classes in Vaughan and Etobicoke are perfect to keep your child active while allowing them to express their creativity.
Our Hip Hop Dance Competition Videos
See our students in action!
PDA Team performs their Senior/Advanced 2014 Hip Hop routines choreographed by Shanna Cipressi.
Enjoy World-Class Hip Hop Dance Lessons at Performing Dance Arts
About Our Hip Hop Instructors
Our instructors are internationally acclaimed, performing and teaching with years of experience and talent. For years, they have fostered the development of young dancers and inspired them with their own success, awards, and impressive careers. They have educational and practical background in both the art of dance, and in teaching, so you can be sure your child is getting instruction from highly-trained, experienced, and personable instructors.
Why Choose Performing Dance Arts
- World-class dance instruction
- Top-notch teachers
- Comprehensive curriculum
- Wide range of dance styles
- Encouraging environment
- Proven track record
- Recreational and competitive dancers welcome
Our Hip Hop Dance Programs
Performing Dance Arts has continuously offered a wide range of programming for children to gain exposure, aptitude, and experience, including hip hop dance programs. Our dance classes for kids are as follows:
- Dance-In-Your-Pants: If your child is two to three years old, they may be ready for toddler hip hop dance classes. They can join our Dance-In-Your-Pants program which provides preparation for hip hop dance classes though socializing with other children and taking instruction from an adult teacher.
- Pre-Dance: If your child is three to five years old, they qualify to take our pre-dance class. Here, they will be guided through fun exercises that encourage them to explore their movement range, and develop the necessary attributes—strength, conditioning, coordination, flexibility, balance—for dance.
- Youth-Dance: If your child is seven and over there are several dance classes to choose from. Hip Hop, Contemporary, Musical theatre etc. for ages seven to sixteen students can participate can participate in a wide variety of dance classes that we offer every week.
Competitive Dance Programs
We understand how competition can enhance a dancer by intensifying their need to prepare and giving them the experience of what it’s like to work and perform under pressure. For young dancers, there is nothing more satisfying than standing tall at the end of a routine, knowing you did your best. That’s why we offer a variety of competitive dance programs for children.
- Part-Time: Train in a variety of styles, including hip hop dance, for five hours divided into mandatory classes over two days a week. There are also three mandatory competitions in April and May.
- Micro-Mini: Your child will dance two to three days a week to attend between four to five mandatory classes. There are also two to three mandatory local competitions that occur in the Spring.
- Full-Time: Our full-time competitive program is designed to provide the highest-level of training possible. If you are selected, you will have the opportunity to work with sought-after choreographers and undergo different examinations. There are four to five mandatory competitions in April and May, with the potential for a national competition in July for certain students.
Hip Hop Intensive Program: This program is a three-day course that runs each summer. Dancers who are over the age of five will be led through a challenging program that enhances their skills and provides them with fast knowledge of hip hop moves and techniques.
How to Register for Our Hip Hop Dance Classes
Sign Up Your Child for Hip Hop Dance Classes at Performance Dance Arts’ Studio
At Performing Dance Arts’ hip hop classes for kids, we teach the foundational hip hop elements. We also stress cohesive choreography while still respecting the youth experiences and culture that the dance represents and expresses. Our hip hop dance lessons are fun and filled with high-intensity, high-energy music across all urban genres, including R&B and dance music.
However, as fun as hip hop dancing can be, it is also very demanding. The dance lessons for kids that we offer at Performing Dance Arts are high-intensity, high-energy, and consist of other current urban genres like R&B and Dance music. But once your child is experienced enough, they will be able to embrace the freedom of hip hop, possibly inventing the next big dance that will become popular around the world!
FAQs About Hip Hop Dance Lessons
There is a lot of coordination, memorization, and precision required to learn hip hop dance, but the work you put in will quickly show! If your child wants to get in shape and have fun, hip hop is the perfect dance to accomplish both.
Through proper training from our experienced teachers, your child will develop good posture, poise, proper body alignment, and grace. Hip hop dance will increase their flexibility, improve coordination, and introduce an appreciation for the performing arts. Stage experience can also help shy, self-conscious kids feel more confidence and improve their social skills. Self-expression will be learned through dance as well, helping your child to recognize their unique talents.