Book a free dance class to see if we’re a good fit before you commit.
Ballet Dance Lessons in Etobicoke, Vaughan & Yorkdale (North York)
Ballet—just hearing that world summons the image of graceful dancers performing classics like Swan Lake and The Nutcracker. As the leading provider of ballet dance classes for kids in Etobicoke, Vaughan & Yorkdale(North York), Performing Dance Arts realizes that ballet forms an essential part of all types of dance.
TOP RATED ONLINE
Ballet Dance Classes at Performing Dance Arts
At our dance studio, your child will discover proper posture and discipline while being taught the basics and fundamentals of dance through classical ballet. It may require many hours to develop the necessary skills, but our ballet dance classes in Etobicoke, Vaughan & Yorkdale(North York) are superior. Our highly-skilled instructor will take the time to teach your children skills needed to help them grow and dance to the best of their abilities. Our processional ballet dance studio is fully equipped for students of all skill levels.
Our Ballet Dance Competition Videos
See our students in action!
2017 Performing Dance Arts Ballet Intensive
Enjoy World-Class Ballet Dance Classes at Performing Dance Arts
About Our Ballet Instructors
Our head ballet instructor is the internationally acclaimed performer and teacher Naira Ramazanova. She first joined the staff at Performing Dance Arts in 2014, and has helped develop many young dancers since then through her vast acumen and competition experience. Included in the many prizes she won is the Vaganova Prix and the “Best Ballerina” prize awarded at the first international Balanchine-Chabukiani Ballet Festival in 2001.
She joined the Azeri National Opera and Ballet Company in 1995 after graduating from the National Ballet School in her native city of Baku, Azerbaijan, and is currently on the artistic staff of Canada’s National Ballet School.
Your child may also have the opportunity to work with our other highly-trained, experienced, and personable ballet instructors.
Why Choose Performing Dance Arts
- World-class dance instruction
- Top-notch teachers
- Comprehensive curriculum
- Wide range of dance styles
- Encouraging environment
- Proven track record
- Recreational and competitive dancers welcome
Our Ballet Dance Programs
Regardless of your child’s age or ability, we take pride in being able to offer different dance classes for kids and other types of programs to help facilitate their journey through ballet.
Performing Dance Arts has invested in continually offering a wide range of programming for your child to gain exposure, aptitude, and experience.
- Dance-In-Your-Pants: If your child is two to three years old, they may be ready for toddler ballet. They have the opportunity to join our Dance-In-Your-Pants program which provides toddlers preparation for ballet classes though socializing with other children and taking instruction from an adult teacher.
- Pre-Dance: If your child is three to five years old, they now qualify to take our pre-dance class. Here, they will be guided through fun exercises that encourage them to explore their movement range, and develop the necessary attributes—strength, conditioning, coordination, flexibility, balance—for dance.
- Youth-Dance: If your child is seven and over there are several dance classes to choose from. Hip Hop, Contemporary, Musical theatre etc. for ages seven to sixteen students can participate can participate in a wide variety of dance classes that we offer every week.
Competitive Dance Programs
We understand how competition can hone a dancer by intensifying their preparation and giving them the experience of working under pressure. There is also nothing as satisfying as standing tall, knowing you gave your best. That’s why we offer different competitive dance programs for your child.
- Part-Time: Train in a variety of styles, including ballet, for five hours divided into mandatory classes over two days a week. There are also three mandatory competitions that occur in April and May.
- Micro-Mini: Your child will dance two to three days per week to attend between four to five mandatory classes. There are also two to three mandatory local competitions that occur in April and May.
- Full-Time: Our full-time competitive program is designed to provide the highest-level of training possible. If you are selected, you will have the opportunity to work with sought-after choreographers and undergo different examinations. There are four to five mandatory competitions in April and May, with the potential for a national competition in July for certain students.
Our ballet intensive is a three-day course that runs each summer. Dancers who are ages five and older will be led through a challenging program that combines the Vaganova curriculum, various conditioning exercises, and yoga.
FAQ About Ballet Dance Classes
If you are curious, or even mildly interested in what ballet can offer your child, it may be useful to learn more information. The following are answers to frequently asked questions.
Children’s ballet classes are excellent for your child. Exposure to dance will develop athletic and study skills that will be useful for the rest of their life. There are also benefits like improved communication skills and making new friends in a fun environment. Furthermore, athleticism developed in ballet is proven to outperform other types of athletes in areas such as fatigue.
There is no ideal age that a child needs to be in order to be enrolled into ballet classes. However, pre-dance training can begin anywhere around the two years old, with pre-ballet an option between the ages of four to eight. A child can start formal ballet training anywhere between eight and twelve years old.
It may be a good idea to take your child to a ballet performance when they are older than six years old. Research multiple Etobicoke dance studios, and find classes that are both age- and skill-appropriate for your child.
Read More: Choose the Right Ballet Class for Your Child
Talk to a qualified instructor in order to determine the best fit for your child. Remember that you want to introduce challenges gradually in order to help your child grow without overwhelming them.
Make sure that you have an appropriate wardrobe, including shoes. Girls need to have their hair pulled back into a bun. Prepare your child by letting them know that they will partake in a fun activity and that there are no expectations or pressure for them to perform.
Read More: A Guide to Ballet for Kids and Parents
It is an excellent idea to enroll boys in ballet classes, not only because it builds strength, but also character. As martial artist and action star Jean-Claude Van Damme, who trained in ballet as a youth, once said “If you can survive a ballet workout, you can survive a workout in any other sport.”
Your child will have the chance to perform in our Year-End Show, a spectacular evening of entertainment that generates great interest and excitement each time that it is held. There are also other opportunities afforded as your child garners more experience. The highest echelon of performance, within a professional dance company, is afforded to the elite who have hardened their skills through years of dedication and discipline.
Our Ballet Dance Studio
Office Open Hours
|Monday:||4:00 pm – 8:00pm|
|Tuesday:||4:00 pm – 8:00pm|
|Wednesday:||4:00 pm – 8:00pm|
|Thursday:||4:00 pm – 8:00pm|
|Friday:||4:00 pm – 8:00pm|
|Saturday:||9:00 am – 3:00pm|
New Here? Your First Steps.
Book a free dance class to see if we’re a good fit before you commit.