What are the Benefits of Dance in Early Child Development?
We can’t express just how much dancing helps children of all ages in so many different facets of their lives. With the summer now in full swing and you as a parent looking for ways to keep your child active, it is even more reason to consider dance. Both physically and psychologically, the benefits of dance in early childhood are worth the commitment.
Early Development Benefits of Dance Classes for Kids
If you’ve toyed with the idea of putting your child in dance, then considering the benefits should really make your choice easy. Think of what your child will get out of dancing, should she or he decide to join:
- Physical Development: This is probably the most obvious benefit, but still shouldn’t be ignored. The amount of physical exertion that happens in even recreational dance classes is enough to keep your child fit and active. And in the summer months, isn’t it better to have your child out and active rather than sitting at home?
- Improved Social Skills: Your child won’t be dancing in a room alone. They’ll be with a group of other young dancers learning all the steps, engaging in conversation, and learning that it takes team work to make any routine possible. You’ll be surprised just how much self confidence your child can gain just by being a valued part of a group.
- Cognitive Development: The physical and technical skills and lessons you child can learn in dance classes can be transferred into everyday life. We’ve already mentioned teamwork, but there is also motivation, persistence, and working towards a goal. These are all valuable life lessons your child will take away from dance classes.
- Creativity: Learning dance moves isn’t easy. It takes practice and a level of creativity on the part of the dancers to picture and then execute the movements. In today’s environment, increased creativity can only be a good thing.
- Better Coordination: This is another fairly obvious benefit. Dancing is one of the best ways for improving a child’s coordination. The different steps and routines ensure that dancers will be actively getting better in this aspect of their development.
- Maturing Emotionally: The entire experience of committing to class, being on time, working in groups and individually, getting better and reaching goals all contribute to the emotional development of children who participate in dance classes. The younger the better.
- Maintaining a Balanced Lifestyle: Technology is the culture of today and it definitely has a lot of benefits. But let’s not completely forget about face-to-face interaction, physically active learning, and just having some fun without a mobile device. Dancing shows us that all of these things are still possible.
Every day at Performing Dance Arts we see the benefits of dance in early childhood. Kids in all of our dance classes feel like they have accomplished something, and we’re proud to be a part of that every time they step into our dance studio in Vaughan.
Introducing your 2018 Junior Male Best Dancer Orlando!!!! We are so proud of you jackson_kane_foley Bravo buddy on… https://t.co/Sv2IzwcS3qFollow
So many amazing Moments happened over the last week!! Huge congratulations to our Pee Wee kiddos for winning Top Sc… https://t.co/3eyIhWvGK0Follow
WE DID IT!! Congratulations to my TEAM, FACULTY, & PARENTS, on winning the 2018 Studio of the Year Orlando, and we… https://t.co/9mu2lBBx2NFollow
The moment we have been waiting and training for has finally arrived!!! We are so excited to share the stage tonigh… https://t.co/YJeH6LFLoLFollow
Don’t forget a second! Our 2018 Year End Show is now available on DVD! Order your copy before August 1st and cheris… https://t.co/AQf7t3NTSPFollow
At our dance studios, your child will discover proper posture and discipline when they learn the basics of classica… https://t.co/3KBkQ86U1SFollow
PDA Summer Dance Intensive is definitely one not to be missed! Come DANCE, sweat and be inspired with this incredib… https://t.co/syjwzGMRinFollow
We’ve been quietly working our buns off, and We Are Ready!! We are so excited for Nationals in Orlando thedanceawar… https://t.co/YLgWhluDiIFollow
Although all dancers dance for different reasons, dancers who participate in our dance classes learn life skills th… https://t.co/9eMtpcactbFollow
You’re never too young to learn how to dance! Our dance lessons are available for boys and girls from 2 ½ years and… https://t.co/guROfr5kncFollow
Boasting two professional studios, here at PDA we provide dance training for kids in Vaughan, King, Maple, Kleinbur… https://t.co/cy3JW12HRQFollow
Happy Canada Everyone!! We hope you all have a wonderful and safe holiday weekend! Enjoy🇨🇦 https://t.co/alL9HxLYOZFollow
Recreational dance promotes a number of life skills that our dancers can use in all of their endeavors! From buildi… https://t.co/PW0yIGcXc5Follow
‼️VOTE VOTE VOTE‼️ Please go to the website below and vote for “There Will Be Time”, we need your votes dancers, fr… https://t.co/j1rM2fTq8yFollow
Balance and flexibility aren’t just important skills for dance, they’re concepts that continue to benefit our dance… https://t.co/X8nhKVrjAsFollow