What are the Benefits of Dance in Early Child Development?
We can’t express just how much dancing helps children of all ages in so many different facets of their lives. With the summer now in full swing and you as a parent looking for ways to keep your child active, it is even more reason to consider dance. Both physically and psychologically, the benefits of dance in early childhood are worth the commitment.
Early Development Benefits of Dance Classes for Kids
If you’ve toyed with the idea of putting your child in dance, then considering the benefits should really make your choice easy. Think of what your child will get out of dancing, should she or he decide to join:
- Physical Development: This is probably the most obvious benefit, but still shouldn’t be ignored. The amount of physical exertion that happens in even recreational dance classes is enough to keep your child fit and active. And in the summer months, isn’t it better to have your child out and active rather than sitting at home?
- Improved Social Skills: Your child won’t be dancing in a room alone. They’ll be with a group of other young dancers learning all the steps, engaging in conversation, and learning that it takes team work to make any routine possible. You’ll be surprised just how much self confidence your child can gain just by being a valued part of a group.
- Cognitive Development: The physical and technical skills and lessons you child can learn in dance classes can be transferred into everyday life. We’ve already mentioned teamwork, but there is also motivation, persistence, and working towards a goal. These are all valuable life lessons your child will take away from dance classes.
- Creativity: Learning dance moves isn’t easy. It takes practice and a level of creativity on the part of the dancers to picture and then execute the movements. In today’s environment, increased creativity can only be a good thing.
- Better Coordination: This is another fairly obvious benefit. Dancing is one of the best ways for improving a child’s coordination. The different steps and routines ensure that dancers will be actively getting better in this aspect of their development.
- Maturing Emotionally: The entire experience of committing to class, being on time, working in groups and individually, getting better and reaching goals all contribute to the emotional development of children who participate in dance classes. The younger the better.
- Maintaining a Balanced Lifestyle: Technology is the culture of today and it definitely has a lot of benefits. But let’s not completely forget about face-to-face interaction, physically active learning, and just having some fun without a mobile device. Dancing shows us that all of these things are still possible.
Every day at Performing Dance Arts we see the benefits of dance in early childhood. Kids in all of our dance classes feel like they have accomplished something, and we’re proud to be a part of that every time they step into our dance studio in Vaughan.
Our recreational programs are high energy, led by experienced and motivating instructors. Divided by age and abilit… https://t.co/iiOzUMA17ZFollow
Whether your child is three or five, tap dancing is a great activity for them to start! Help your child develop phy… https://t.co/pitSLNNheWFollow
Attention all PDA Recreational kiddos! CRAZY hair week starting tomorrow. Let’s go kids...show us your craziest ha… https://t.co/8nqGKqy5KgFollow
All dancers dance for different reasons! With our recreational programs you won’t just learn to dance, you’ll learn… https://t.co/2aBTf5kJLaFollow
Acro dance classes help children develop strength, flexibility, coordination, and much more! Our latest blog gives… https://t.co/KIVZGiRIYXFollow
‼️SNEAK PEEK‼️ PDA is proud to present “THE PROJECT” an initiative started in 2016 so our dancers could give back t… https://t.co/a33kSHy2XmFollow
It’s getting chilly out there! Be sure to give your body a proper warm up before practicing to prevent injuries and… https://t.co/u9sNqiAT5iFollow
To all our PDA families.. Don't forget to roll back that clock an hour before you go to bed tonight!! . . .… https://t.co/r7LOjKWG6pFollow
Jazz is one of our most popular forms of dance from beginner to advanced! Check out some of our competition videos… https://t.co/RxUKd1BbawFollow
Here at PDA, our teaching team is made up of 22 teachers and teaching assistants! We’re also one of the few studios… https://t.co/ZpRmIHHSkbFollow
👻👻HAPPY HALLOWEEN👻👻 We hope you all have a SPOOKTACULAR & safe night, from all of us at PDA! Enjoy, BOO👻 The studio… https://t.co/NUnoFG0NUfFollow
Poise and confidence are just two of the benefits your child will enjoy when they learn to dance! From hip-hop to b… https://t.co/umZ7th2m1lFollow
You’re never too young to learn how to dance! We offer pre-Jazz, Ballet, Acro, and a combo class for children ages… https://t.co/yc4u27xwqcFollow
Did you know, all our teachers have their teacher’s certificate? At Performing Dance Arts, we don’t have any studen… https://t.co/uM68qCT4hZFollow
Our Micro-Mini Competitive Dance Program trains twice a week for a total of 4-5 classes. The perfect program for yo… https://t.co/ithzXpN4uLFollow
👻👻HEY KIDDOS👻👻 Halloween Dress Up Week begins tonight in Etobicoke & tomorrow in Vaughan. We can’t wait to see all… https://t.co/T2hycWFUX5Follow