What are the Benefits of Dance in Early Child Development?
We can’t express just how much dancing helps children of all ages in so many different facets of their lives. With the summer now in full swing and you as a parent looking for ways to keep your child active, it is even more reason to consider dance. Both physically and psychologically, the benefits of dance in early childhood are worth the commitment.
Early Development Benefits of Dance Classes for Kids
If you’ve toyed with the idea of putting your child in dance, then considering the benefits should really make your choice easy. Think of what your child will get out of dancing, should she or he decide to join:
- Physical Development: This is probably the most obvious benefit, but still shouldn’t be ignored. The amount of physical exertion that happens in even recreational dance classes is enough to keep your child fit and active. And in the summer months, isn’t it better to have your child out and active rather than sitting at home?
- Improved Social Skills: Your child won’t be dancing in a room alone. They’ll be with a group of other young dancers learning all the steps, engaging in conversation, and learning that it takes team work to make any routine possible. You’ll be surprised just how much self confidence your child can gain just by being a valued part of a group.
- Cognitive Development: The physical and technical skills and lessons you child can learn in dance classes can be transferred into everyday life. We’ve already mentioned teamwork, but there is also motivation, persistence, and working towards a goal. These are all valuable life lessons your child will take away from dance classes.
- Creativity: Learning dance moves isn’t easy. It takes practice and a level of creativity on the part of the dancers to picture and then execute the movements. In today’s environment, increased creativity can only be a good thing.
- Better Coordination: This is another fairly obvious benefit. Dancing is one of the best ways for improving a child’s coordination. The different steps and routines ensure that dancers will be actively getting better in this aspect of their development.
- Maturing Emotionally: The entire experience of committing to class, being on time, working in groups and individually, getting better and reaching goals all contribute to the emotional development of children who participate in dance classes. The younger the better.
- Maintaining a Balanced Lifestyle: Technology is the culture of today and it definitely has a lot of benefits. But let’s not completely forget about face-to-face interaction, physically active learning, and just having some fun without a mobile device. Dancing shows us that all of these things are still possible.
Every day at Performing Dance Arts we see the benefits of dance in early childhood. Kids in all of our dance classes feel like they have accomplished something, and we’re proud to be a part of that every time they step into our dance studio in Vaughan.
Register for our part-time competitive power dance camp today! Our program is an action-packed three days of classe… https://t.co/CpQpXtbMmaFollow
After months of watching your child practice their dance moves at home, it’s time to get them formal dance lessons.… https://t.co/XXjyjgHDxjFollow
Wondering when our part-time competitive team auditions are? Visit our web site for everything you need to know. Co… https://t.co/PCyqk0ZgkQFollow
Our open classes are great for dancers of any skill level that wants to improve their technique in ballet, jazz, ac… https://t.co/5V2lYlwH9nFollow
Do you enjoy dancing for fun? Recreational dance classes are fun, freeing, and focus on the joy of dance. Here’s wh… https://t.co/84cqSN67NFFollow
Come join the magical fun as we dance and sing to our favourite Disney music as well as take part in many other won… https://t.co/dAQ1qoeVW5Follow
Call Performing Dance Arts today to find out more about our exciting competitive programs for kids in Vaughan and E… https://t.co/DUBTqggyMtFollow
Our dance school is designed to help young dancers of all skill levels find their passion for dance and dedicate th… https://t.co/IP8Zg7KKuzFollow
Here’s what you need to know about the different levels of ballet classes in Toronto, so you can decide which level… https://t.co/It7OB5U83VFollow
Hip hop dance lessons are not only fun and exciting to learn but will also help keep your child physically active.… https://t.co/nZtBYiPyXKFollow
If you are considering dance for your child, ballet is a great place to start. They will learn the fundamentals of… https://t.co/Uhzg1WbrLyFollow
To have fluid movements, build strength in elongated positions, and to be more graceful, dancers must practice flex… https://t.co/WtQXTvfqrbFollow
When you register at Performing Dance Arts you will receive a FREE Swag Bag, Pop Socket, merchandise, and 25% off a… https://t.co/FncrUdHMXgFollow
If your child is two to three years old, they may be ready for toddler hip hop dance classes. They can join our Dan… https://t.co/7EMClXRadvFollow